- Archives of Ontario. Registrations of Births and Stillbirths – 1869-1913. MS 929, reels 1-245. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario.
- Archives of Ontario. Delayed Registrations and Stillbirths, “50” Series, 1869-1911, 1913. MS 930, reels 1-67, 73-74. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario.
- Archives of Ontario. Delayed Registrations of Births and Stillbirths, “90” Series, 1869-1911, 1913. MS 933, reels 1-64, 68. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario.
- Archives of Ontario. Direct Clergy Returns for Simcoe County Births, Marriages, and Deaths, 1892-1896. MS 936, 1 reel. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario.
- Archives of Ontario. Evidence for Delayed Registrations of Births, 1861-1897. MS 946, 2 reels. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario.
- Archives of Ontario. Division Registrar Vital Statistics Records, 1858-1930. MS 940, reels 1-4, 10-15, 17-20, 22-25, 27-28. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario.
This database is an index to over 2 million births that were registered in Ontario between 1869 and 1913. Information contained in this index includes:
- Child's name
- Birth date
- Birth county
- Father's name
- Mother's name
- Archives of Ontario microfilm series and roll information
Please note that not all of the above listed information may be available for all individuals. Information available in the index is dependent on the amount of information recorded in the original record.
Each name is linked to an image of the actual birth register or certificate in which the individual was recorded. Additional information may be found on the image that is not included in the keyed index.
Civil registration began in Ontario on 1 July 1869. The Office of the Registrar General maintains the records and issues certificates for all vital events. Each year an additional year of vital records are transferred from the Registrar General to the Archives of Ontario where the records are then closed for a year while being microfilmed. The Archives of Ontario currently has births on microfilm from July 1869-1913.
In addition to the Archives of Ontario, these records are also available on microfilm at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Note: A few pre-1869 records may be found in this database. Since civil registration did not begin until 1869, birth information may only have been recorded in church records. The Archives of Ontario holds a few church records and it is possible that these records are included here. Another possibility is that the pre-1869 records are delayed births (births recorded years after the event actually took place).